When started, Twitter was a micro-blogging platform. In just under 5 years, with 200 million users, Twitter has been used for so many things that you can start a trending topic just to list them (Heres a top 10 list).
One day, my friend sent me a message on Google Talk – “yo i need kailashjr to support a drinking game”.
And so it began.
@21Shots is a completely Twitter based drinking game.
How it works:
- To start off the game, Tweet #start followed by a list of user to @21Shots. For example “@21Shots #start @user1 @user2 @user3
- 21Shots will decide if the game should be till 11 or 21 depending on the number of players.
- Players are sorted in to a random order and 21Shots will Tweet all of the users letting them know the game has started and the format for the responses – “game 10 started! 1st to 11 wins! Wait 4 ur turn. eg. ‘@21shots 3 ur msg'”
- After this, 21Shots will Tweet the user first in queue “@user1 ur turn. pick 1, 2 or 3 (sum = 0) game 10″
- The user will then reply “@21shots 3 i’m gonna kick your butt” In this case, 3 was the number picked and “i’m gonna kick your butt” is the message that wil be shown to the next user.
- 21Shots will then Tweet the next user “@user2 pick 1, 2 or 3 (sum = 3) game 10 msg: i’m gonna kick your butt”
- This goes on until the sum is 11 (or 21 depending on the game), in which case the winner is announced and losers take shots – “Game over! @user3 won! Drink up @user2, @user3(game 10)”
However, by creating this, we were able to use Twitter as something much more than a micro-blogging service. We were able to create a fun drinking game which people from anywhere in the world could play against other distant Tweeters.
If you would like to try out 21Shots please send me an email so I can it set up for you.